Nothing is given us for free, and in order to win, we have to be many! Organising starts with you, every one of us can make a contribution, whether you are an employee or a supporter for the cause! You can start by making connections in your department, join your local TVStud initiative and become part of the national strike movement.
How can you get involved?
- Become a TVStud-Ambassador!
- Join to our nationwide Telegram-Group! You can get the important dates and news as soon as possible there.
- Find your local action group and join!
- Or start your own action group by joining forces with other student colleagues at your university or in your city. The nationwide network and your local action group will be happy to support you, provide you with contacts and help you get started with material and practical know-how.
- Come to nationwide networking meetings! Currently, every second Tuesday of the month, from 6 – 7:30 pm we meet for open plenary online and we start onboarding for newcomers already at 5:30 pm in the same Zoom room. (The meeting is in German language. The onboarding will be available in English and in German.) You can find out the current Zoom link in the nationwide Telegram group. There we also share the agenda, which everyone can help shape!
- Are you still not unionized? Then unionize! Here you can join ver.di (United Services Trade Union) and here GEW (Education and Science Workers’ Union, the form is in German only).
- What else can you do? Talk to your fellow student workers: Tell them about TVStud and ask them if they are already union members and if they will go on strike with you in November.